IT IS TOO LATE TO MAIL YOUR BALLOT IN. PLEASE BRING TO A VOTER SERVICE CENTER OR A DROP BOX! IF YOU NEED HELP GETTING YOUR BALLOT IN, WE HAVE DRIVERS. CONTACT TOM PETERSON FOR HELP.
Ballot Measure recommendations are from the Colorado State GOP and the Centennial Institute. The State GOP version gives some additional insight on Amendment D as well as some of the other measures. Amendment D will affect Elbert and Douglas Counties when the new 23rd Judicial District is formed. We recommend a NO on Amendment D. A yes gives the governor the ability to appoint our judges (not good if Polis wins).
Judge recommendations from a conservative source are at the bottom of this page.
Judge recommendations from a knowledgable conservative source:
If judges do not get retained, the risk is Polis will get to appoint their successor. So, we may not have ideal judges, but the recommendations are based on the risk/reward of a Polis appointee. To that end:
Court of Appeals: NO on Pawar
District Court: YES on all
County Court: Yes to Boyette
With the above recommendations in mind, below is a list of which governor appointed state-wide judges:
- Judge Jaclyn Casey Brown - Democrat Hickenlooper appointed.
- Judge Terry Fox - Democrat Ritter appointed.
- Judge Christina Finzel Gomez - Democrat Polis appointed.
- Judge Matthew D. Grove - Democrat Polis appointed.
- Judge Susanna P. Johnson - Democrat Polis appointed.
- Judge Lino S. Lipinsky - Democrat Hickenlooper appointed.
- Judge Neeti V. Pawar - Democrat Polis appointed.
- Judge David H. Yun - Democrat Polis appointed.
District Court Judges:
- Judge Harold Clayburn Hurst - Yes.
- Judge Ryan J. Stuart - Yes.
- Judge Eric. B. White - Yes.
County Court Judge:
Judge Palmer L Boyette - Yes.
18th Judicial District:
Judge Jeffrey K. Holmes - Yes.
Judicial Performance Evaluation - this is an evaluation process for judges by both attorneys and non-attorneys. You can also look at their ratings and make decisions based on their ratings.