April 7, 2020
Thank you for representing Elbert County at State Assembly as either a Delegate or an Alternate.
State has let us know that State Assembly will be via electronic means and Alternates will not be used. We thank all Delegates & Alternates who volunteered to represent Elbert County.
State Assembly badge fees for this year will be $40.00.
Delegates can purchase their badge fees here.
Below you will find information State Party asked us to get out to our State Assembly Delegates & Alternates:
We are currently working with the multi-county district chairs to help make sure those meetings are able to take place via electronic methods as well. They will not be taking place in person on Friday, April 17, 2020
We are diligently working to lock in a future date for the Dinner. If you have already purchased tickets you will be given the option to keep your tickets for the later date or receive a full refund. We will be reaching out to all who purchased in the coming weeks.
As always, thank you for all that you do for our Republican Party!
The Colorado GOP Team
State Assembly Delegates & Alternates:
Please be watching for emails from [email protected] regarding State Assembly and payment of badge fees. We ask all delegates and alternates to hold off on paying your badge fees until we know more about what State Party will be charging with the change in meeting style (webinar format). While we know there will be badge fee charges, we don't know exactly what they will be yet.
We will update this page as we hear what the online plans are for State Assembly.
State Assembly & Coronavirus:
1. Gov. Polis has restricted all meetings state wide to 250 and fewer people.
2. The Colorado State Legislature is meeting this weekend (March 12-15) to pass legislation to address the effect it has on our upcoming State and District Assemblies. The bill being considered has been changing continuously over the last few days but the working bill identifier is: HB2020-1359.
3. This legislation which was outlined by our party attorney, Chris Murphy, is to grant the parties and assembly executive committees broad latitude to amend processes and bylaws to accommodate these unusual circumstances. Those changes might include:
a. If required, holding meetings in a different time/place/method.
b. Alternative credentialing processes.
c. Waiving normal proxy rules to allow persons who may be in some danger (elder delegates or those with underlying medical issues) to vote via proxy.
d. Waiving bylaws in order to accommodate the rapidly developing and unpredictable nature of the events.
e. Any changes implemented with this legislation will by statute expire on December 31, 2020.
4. State Party has advised the following: local District meetings that are expected to be less than 250 persons in number will be held as planned.
5. There will be a Special State Party Central Committee meeting on Friday, March 20 at a location as yet undecided. It will be subject to the following:
a. Must be limited to under 250 persons.
b. Because of the number limit, only one representative per county will be attending.
c. Other voting members of the State Central Committee from each county will be voting or participating via proxy.
d. The State Party Assembly for this election cycle will be evaluated and designed at this meeting based upon the status of events as of that date.
- All Alternates and Delegates to State Assembly must have their badge fees paid by or at County Assembly on March 28, 2020. Any payments after County Assembly will not be accepted and the position will be forfeited. At this time, the best way to pay is via check at County Assembly as we are unsure of what is going to happen regarding State Assembly. We will update regularly as we have more information.
- Please watch for emails from this website or [email protected] for more information on State Assembly, including badge fee deadlines and badge pickup dates and times. You can pay your badge fee under the State Assembly Credentials tab.
- If you do not receive information regarding State Assembly, please check your JUNK and SPAM folders.
- If you have unsubscribed from or marked as SPAM any ECR emails, you will need to resubscribe and/or unmark as SPAM. Please contact Carol Hinds with any questions.
- If you still do not receive emails from this site, please go onto your profile and be sure we have your correct email address.